Friday, October 10, 2008

The Line Between Respect and Agreement

So, my article that I read was about how at a town hall Q-and-A session with John McCain at Lakeville High School, many of the people there to see McCain got angry when they were told to "respect the opponent." McCain was put in the position of having to defend a candidate who's currently beating him in the polls.
I think what McCain did here was very noble. He could have egged on his supporters, telling them that Obama indeed was a Muslim terrorist. Instead, he did the right thing and told his supporters to calm down and "don't reduce their ferocity, but be respectful." 
It makes me wonder if Obama would have the guts to do the same thing. I think he would, but at the same time, how greedy is he for followers? I guess we'll never find out unless the situation arises. I doubt it will, but if it does, I'll be the first person to tell you what went down. (:

Link to my article: http://www.startribune.com/politics/state/30747614.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUs

1 comment:

Sara M said...

I completely agree with the nobility of McCain's reponse in this situation. I do also wonder if Obama would decide to stand up for McCain or bash him to gain followers. Kayla, if Obama does get that chance, you should most definately post something because I want to hear about it too:)